The Magic Tan booth utilizes a spray on process designed to deliver a customized sunless application to each individual based on their body size, skin type and desired color. For each individual profile three tanning levels are available to produce optimal results.
Inside the Magic Tan room the tanner simply disrobes and enters the booth. With the push of a button the session begins with a fine mist of Aloe Vera enriched sunless-tanning solution being sprayed through our patented Magic Tan nozzles.
The Magic Tan technology ensures uniform coverage over the entire body, which our proprietary sunless-tanning solution instantly transforms into a quick natural-looking tan that continues to darken throughout the day.
A perfectly uniform, naturally looking tan in less than 60 seconds!
A MagicTan will not prevent your skin from burning in the natural sun or in a tanning bed like a base tan will. Please take the proper precautions when tanning with UV light exposure.
For best results, we recommend 2-3 sessions within 4-7 days to develop your desired color. Maintaining your color is possible with subsequent visits every 4-6 days. Healthy, hydrated skin will hold the results longer and achieve color faster.
The MagicTan booth is designed to provide as even a tan as possible. However, clients may need to modify the recommended positions to account for height and shape.
More than one MagicTan session per 12 hours is not recommended.
DHA, dihydroxyacetone, combined with Erythrulose is the main compound that produces a customized sunless bronze glow. DHA has been an FDA approved cosmetic additive for over 30 years at it is a sugar, so it is safe for the skin and is not dangerous if inhaled. MagicTan chemists have refined the technology to produce the most outstanding formulation that results in silky smooth, glowing skin with no after-smell.
The client is assured that the bronzing formula is non-staining as it is water-based. Clients may notice some initial cosmetic color on the inside of their clothing, but this color will wash out in cold water.
Of course! It is recommended to wait at least 4 hours to allow the formula to react with your skin’s amino acids and proteins before ingaging in any activity that will cause you to perspire. In fact, the longer you allow the solution to remain on your skin, the longer lasting your tan will be. Finally swimming in highly chlorinated water will significantly reduce your results.
The skin requires a little preparation to ensure that you maximize the life of your spray tan.
Shower and Exfoliate:
The skin needs to be clean and moisturized for an even absorption of the DHA. Exfoliation smooths the natural ridges in your skin to create a much for even surface for a more even tan. We recommend MagicTan Exfoliating Body Polish. Do not use an exfoliant that contains oils or apply deodorant, creams, perfumes, or lotions.
The following provides step-by-step instructions as well as photographs while inside the MagicTan spray booth. The skin should be prepared to accept the sunless tanning solution.
- Undress and remove jewelry. Body piercings are fine.
- Place the hair cover, provided by the salon, over your hair leaving the ears and hairline exposed. Many customers wear disposable shower caps to keep the solution from getting in their hair and others do not. The solution can’t penetrate the hair follicles and there have never been any cases where the tanning solution has changed anyone’s hair color.
- Apply MagicTan Barrier Cream to the fingernails, palms, and toenails and all dry skin areas. This prevents too much DHA from being absorbed.
- Enter the MagicTan spray booth and stand as far from the nozzles as possible on the mat.
- Press the green start button when you are ready to begin your session. This will commence the four cycles of 8 seconds of spraying. There are 11 seconds in between each cycle to allow adequate time for repositioning. The nozzles operate from the floor up. When It is normal to be startled the first time the spraying starts.
- Stand in the following positions in the order indicated. Watch that no part of your body crosses the line from the mat to the roof as this will result in a streaky tan.
- Exit the booth.
- Wipe off excess barrier cream with one towel starting from the top of the body and working down to the feet. Make sure not to transfer the cream from the towel to another part of the body.
- Remove the hair cover and using it like a glove, spread the excess solution evenly in all creases of the body.
- Use another to gently towel dry your body or if you would like the darkest tan possible, allow the solution to air-dry on your body.
- Use wet-wipes to remove the solution from the areas that you do not want to tan such as the palms of your hands, the soles of your feet, between your fingers and toes, nails, and cuticles. It is not a bad idea to use the wet-wipes on the backs of your hands and tops of your feet, too. Don’t worry – you won’t lose your tan on these areas but it will help ensure that you get no ugly brown stains there.
- Redress and enjoy your tan. The beautiful, custom tan will develop within 6 hours. Do not shower during these 6 hours.